Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This will mess you up...

We attend a kickin' Foursquare church. We have a kickin' pastor. It's kickin'.

The most recent events in line with this kickin'ness came this past Sunday morning when our congregation was made aware of a challenge from (if my memory serves me correctly) the president of the Foursquare church, to read a chapter of the book of Acts everyday, for the next year.

Hmmmm... well, I have a hard time reading any chapter of anything once a week much less daily. Yet, something my pastor said intrigued me. He said something to the tune of, "If you read this stuff everyday, it will mess you up."

Hmmmm... well, I sort of like conflict. In a healthy way... I think. I don't like to create conflict, but I do like appropriate confrontation, and self-confrontation if you will. And I've been waiting for an excuse to blog something. I feel nervous about this. But why not do it? Because I might do poorly? Well, if nothing else, I'll read a day or two of Acts. And that's no bad deal.

Hmmmm... sounds good.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah girl!
    I love you tons.
    To use a Ninaism... God is going to "rock your socks"

    ReplyDelete